Saturday, February 2, 2008

Basic Vanilla Cupcake Recipe

I think every baker should have a tried & tested Vanilla Cupcake recipe. Not only because they taste pretty bloody fantastic, they also serve as a great base for trying all sorts of new flavours.

This is mine (though when I say 'mine', I mean the one I use - I have no idea where I originally found it)


Ingredients

1 1/2 cups Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
125g Softened Unsalted Butter
3/4 cup Caster Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Large Eggs
1/2 cup Milk

Method

Preheat oven to 180 degrees & line two 12 hole muffin trays with patty cases

Beat the butter until pale & creamy. Gradually add the caster sugar, beat until the sugar is almost dissolved. Add eggs (one at a time) and the vanilla extract & beat until light & fluffy.

Sift together the flour & baking powder. Gradually add the flour and milk to the wet mixture & beat on low speed until well combined.

Divide mixture evenly between patty cases and bake for 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.

No comments: