Ok, so this is a list of things that I think no cupcake baker should be without. I'm sure I'll add to it as I remember things, or I buy some wonderful new contraption.
Electric Mixer
I don't care how strong your arms are, there's no way anyone could sufficiently beat butter by hand! Whether it's bench top or hand held, it doesn't matter, as long as it works. My wonderful mother (bless her) recently gave me a Kenwood Patissier Mixer and I absolutely adore it. Prior to that I had a Sunbeam Mixmaster Compact Pro, which had the added bonus of a removable head for use as a hand held mixer. The only downside was that the beaters sat a good 2cm from the bottom of the bowl, but I still highly recommend it for those looking for a cheaper benchtop mixer (I think I paid about $90 for mine at Target).
Oven Thermometer
I really do find this essential to good cupcake baking. Imagine my surprise when I discovered my expensive, you bute, wizz bang fan force oven actually heats to around 20 degrees less than the dial states. Overcooking will leave your cupcakes dry, hard & crumbly, while undercooking will leave them, well, raw!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment